Search Our Jobs
What We Do
Since 1917, Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families. We’ve grown from a tiny boarding home in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, to a leading national nonprofit offering exceptional care for the behavioral, emotional and physicalhealth of children, families and patients.
The needs of those we serve are diverse so Boys Town offers numerous programs to provide effective care to those that need it most.
Research is critical to our mission of saving children and healing families and plays an important role in the development and delivery of our youth care and healthcare services for families, children and patients. Because of research, we know how to:
- Empower parents to help their children who have behavioral concerns.
- Help children achieve positive changes in their behavior and psychological well-being.
- Understand how things like substance abuse and childhood traumas affect developing brains and responses to therapy.
- Support language and communication development in children as they grow.
- Screen newborn babies’ hearing at birth and apply early intervention strategies to improve communication skills for children who are deaf or hard of hearing.
- Provide the best clinical support for individuals with hearing aids and cochlear implants.