Search Our Jobs
Nurse Practitioner- Same Day Pediatrics Clinic (On-Call)Job ID REQ-2023-2290 Omaha, Nebraska
In a career as a Nurse Practitioner- Same Day Pediatrics Clinic, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will provide medical services to patients in an ambulatory or a clinic setting.
Locations: Pacific Street Clinic
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provides individualized medical care to patients in the ambulatory clinic setting which includes collection of relevant patient history, physical and/or mental health assessment, evaluation, diagnosis and treatment.
- Psychiatry Clinic Assignment: Provides psychiatric health services, education, counselling, and emotional support.
- Demonstrates age specific competencies in the provision of care.
- Orders necessary diagnostic tests relevant to patient condition and utilizes results to determine appropriate treatment for the patient.
- Performs procedures such as I&D, splinting, suturing, or simple lesion (wart) removal, based on knowledge, skills and abilities, as applicable to clinical area.
- Completes timely, thorough documentation of the patient visit in the electronic medical record.
- Orders pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic treatments indicated in management of the acute illness or health condition.
- Responds to onsite emergencies and provides prompt, and appropriate care until EMS arrives.
- Provides relevant education and discharge instructions to the patient/family related to the acute presenting illness or health condition and need for follow-up.
- Consults with physician and hospitalists as needed.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
Master's Degree in nursing required.
Previous clinical experience in a health care setting required.
Licensed as an Advanced Nurse Practitioner in the State of Nebraska required.
Psychiatry Clinic assignment: ANCC certification (or eligibility to take exam) as a Psychiatric mental health Nurse Practitioner required.
Experience using an electronic medical record required.
CPR certification required.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.