Targeted Case Manager / Care Coordination ConsultantWest Palm Beach, Florida
Job Title: Targeted Case Manager
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida
In a career as a Targeted Case Manager (also known as a Care Coordination Consultant), you will help families find life-changing solutions. This includes advocating for a family whether it be school meetings court hearings or even using modeling and role-plays to teach parents to be independent and advocate for their own children. Boys Town is seeking passionate and motivated person who wants to positively impact the lives of kids, teens, and families in Palm Beach County through case management and advocacy!
The Case Management program in South Florida has been serving youth and families in Palm Beach County since 1998.
The Targeted Case Manager provides intensive and professional case management services to youth utilizing a strength based and comprehensive model. This position also links children and families to resources and supports, monitors the services, actively advocates for children and families, and assists them in navigating through various systems of care.
In this role, you can expect to do the following:
- Meeting and collaborating with clients/families and providers to assess participation and progress in services.
- Researching and linking clients with providers and services to assist with their healthy development.
- Advocating for the needs of clients in multiple domains
- Writing plans to drive positive client progress and writing routine reports regarding case management activities
In this role, you can expect to develop professionally in the following ways:
- Learn advanced and build expertise in case management and advocacy
- Learn consultative skills to positively encourage participation and progress in clients
- Gain knowledge and build expertise in the children’s behavioral health field, including mental health and substance use systems of care and health insurance navigation
- Gain knowledge and build expertise in the field of cognitive behavioral therapy and functional behavior techniques, crisis management, and safety planning skills
- Gain knowledge and build expertise in the specialized education system in Palm Beach County, in the Department of Children and Families (Child Welfare), and Juvenile Justice systems
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Sciences or Human Services required.
- 1+ years of experience working with children/youth with Severe Behavioral and/or mental health disorders or diagnosis.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Availability to provide on-call support to families in crisis. Must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Experience working with case management or treatment planning and community resources is preferred.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care and the ability to learn, apply, and explain complex regulations and policies governing child welfare processes and services.
- Knowledgeable of community resources and service providers available in the geographical area.
- Technology literacy and computer skills in using a Laptop, smart phone, Microsoft Office.
What to expect from Boys Town as an employer:
*Generous paid time-off (PTO) – accrual rate of PTO increases with each year of service for maximum availability of maintaining work/life balance.
*Paid sick leave at 100% and reduced percentages, with paid sick leave for families – Boys Town puts youth and families first. This means YOUR family as well!
*Annual merit increases
*Paid professional training to set you up for success in your position with Boys Town.
*Education reimbursement availability to help you grow towards more advanced positions in the organization.
*Health, dental, vision benefits
*Professional skills development through routine supervision meetings, low supervisor to employee ratio and strong commitment to staff development. Boys Town is committed to helping you hone your skills to become a highly valued professional.
*Mileage reimbursement for use of personal vehicle
About Boys Town South Florida:
Building brighter futures at Boys Town South Florida since 1991, we have grown our services and programs to touch the lives of 17,000 children and families in the sunshine state each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town South Florida. Our hub is located in sunny West Palm Beach, and we are just steps away from all the best that South Florida has to offer! With beaches, shopping, arts and culture, Major League Baseball and college sports of all kinds there is no end to the ways to enjoy your off-work hours. Our Boys Town family is important to us, and we make sure to support our team through a staff and family picnic, chili cook-off and of course some friendly competition with game night! We might even surprise you with a teambuilding exercise at the local escape room. The culture of Boys Town South Florida is committed our current and future leaders through tuition assistance, scholarship opportunities and the ability to participate in a variety of professional development courses.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Full Time
Date Posted: September 10, 2019
Job ID: 14247
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003