Staff Psychologist - South FloridaWest Palm Beach, Florida
Staff Psychologist - South Florida
Closing Date: April 1, 2019 or until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
The Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic at Boys Town – South Florida is a unique service available through the Boys Town Continuum of Care, where the mission is saving children and healing families. Services are provided by licensed psychologists utilizing a behavioral theoretical orientation and designed to meet the behavioral and mental health needs of children and adolescents in an outpatient setting. The OBHC serves pediatric clients from early childhood to young adults (college age). Clients are most often referred by pediatricians, family practice physicians, schools, or are self-referred. Clients may present with one or more of a broad variety of behavioral and/or mental health concerns which typically interfere in some way with daily functioning. The clinic accepts many commercial insurance and Florida Medicaid plans.
Since 1991, Boys Town-South Florida is based in sunny West Palm Beach, Florida which is about 70 miles north of Miami. Palm Beach County is a culturally, ethnically, and socioeconomically diverse area with access to beaches, outdoor activities, major sports teams, shopping, arts, and culture. Psychologists will have opportunities to work with diverse populations with a variety of presenting issues. Co-locations are offered in pediatric offices across the county to reach a broader population and reduce barriers to service. The continuum of care includes Boys Town direct care programs, billing support, and a credentialing specialist. Employees also have access to an array of benefits.
Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people.
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
As a member of our Outpatient Behavioral Health Clinic, the Staff Psychologist provides direct treatment services to children and families. The psychologist’s primary responsibilities include providing individual and family therapy and documenting treatment plans and the services provided. The psychologist conducts psychological testing as needed. Embedded within the Boys Town continuum of care, staff psychologists in the OBH clinic also provide consultation to other Boys Town program staff as needed.
An emphasis of the Boys Town OBH clinic is integration within primary care settings. As a result staff psychologists provide services in both the Boys Town clinic setting and primary care office settings. Staff psychologists are responsible for establishing positive relationships with a variety of referral sources to facilitate coordination of care and establishing and maintaining a referral base.
Other roles and responsibilities include:
Provide direct services to approximately 30 clients each week
Consult with medical and educational professionals as appropriate to client care
Complete clinical documentation in an accurate and timely manner and consistent with relevant law, professional ethics, and Boys Town policy
Pursue ongoing education related to the fields of clinical psychology, behavioral pediatrics, and parent training.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
• Knowledge of the theories, principles and practices of psychology with an emphasis on behavioral or cognitive behavioral theories.
• Proficiency in assessing and treating a wide range of clinical concerns and diagnoses such as ADHD, ASDs, oppositional and defiant behavior, sleep disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders and fears, motor habits, and academic problems
• Knowledge of the principles and methods of administering, scoring and interpreting a wide variety of psychological tests.
• Proficiency in conducting and documenting comprehensive psychological evaluations
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a variety of people.
• Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
• Ph.D. or Psy.D. in psychology or related field and advanced training in clinical, school, or counseling psychology, behavioral pediatrics, or parent training.
• Must have completed an APA approved internship or equivalent.
• Must be a licensed psychologist (or have met all licensing requirements) in the state of Florida
• Bilingual in English – Spanish or English-Haitian/Creole is preferred
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.