Job DetailsApply Now Apply Later
Assitant Family TeacherJob ID 11635 Date posted 03/13/2018
TITLE: Assistant Family Teacher
CLOSING DATE: 03/18/18 or until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
Position Summary: The Assistant Family-Teacher provides direct care for at-risk youth in a safe and caring family style living environment. This position guides and teaches youth on appropriate skills and behaviors and provides youth with moral, spiritual and educational development needed for future success.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, some college credits preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Must have the ability and desire to work and live with youth.
- Must have the willingness to work flexible hours in order to assist the Family Teaching Couple with youth and home activities.
- Proven record of sound judgment and ability to work with children in a mature and responsible manner.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychological, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the youth being serviced in his/her assigned service area.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.