Search Our Jobs
Staff PsychologistJob ID 19027 Washington D.C., District of Columbia
Business: Boys Town
The Staff Psychologist conducts psychological treatment and assessment services to families and children referred to the Behavioral Health Clinic.
- Conducts psychological assessments and provides therapy to children and families and assists in establishing a referral base as appropriate.
- Provides psychological therapeutic services to clients each week.
- Meets monthly clinical productivity expectations (e.g., schedule 25-35 client appointments per week)
- Conducts clinical, cognitive, and psychoeducational assessments.
- Provides clinical consultation pertaining to children and families referred for services.
- Assists in establishing and maintaining a referral base from Boys Town or pediatricians, schools, other treatment providers, and general community referrals.
- Obtains ongoing education related to the fields of clinical psychology, behavioral pediatrics, and clinical assessment and intervention.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
- Directs all activities towards the fulfillment of the Boys Town mission
- Directs all actions to reflect the values and principles of Boys Town
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior
- Maintains regular, reliable and predictable attendance
- Supports other members of the management team and their work
- Ph.D. or Psy.D. in Psychology from an APA-accredited or its equivalent university. Advanced training in clinical psychology, behavioral pediatrics, and/or parent training.
- Successful completion of an APA approved internship or its equivalent.
- Proficiency in assessing and treating a wide range of clinical concerns and diagnoses such as disruptive behavior problems, ADHD, oppositional and defiant behavior, sleep disorders, mood disorders, anxiety disorders and fears, motor habits, academic problems and ASDs.
- Must be a licensed (or licensable) Psychologist, Counselor, or Mental Health Practitioner in the state in which practicing.
Boys Town Washington, D.C.: In a city where strong leadership is valued and respected, Boys Town Washington, D.C. has established itself as the leader in the care and treatment of the region’s children and families since 1993. These services and programs touch the lives of 6,200 children and families in the District of Columbia each year.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.