Overnight Program Staff -part timeWashington D.C., District of Columbia
Job Title: Overnight Program Staff
Location: Washington D.C.
- Pay is $14.00 per hour
- A 2-week paid training is required in Omaha, Nebraska prior to working with youth
- Part-time hours are 2-3 days each week working overnight 11pm to 8am
Provide a safe environment by monitoring the youth and the physical property during overnight hours.
- Monitors youth constantly by remaining awake and alert, and circulating between various locations.
- Works collaboratively with administration in coordinating, prioritizing, and completing duties and consistently adheres to the Youth Rights.
- Documents objective observations of overnight youth activity; records, updates and enters significant information and incidents in required format.
- Notifies appropriate personnel immediately in the incident of a safety issue or a behavioral incident by one of the children in care.
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions through monitoring and notifying appropriate staff when necessary.
- Attends staff meetings and training sessions outside of scheduled working hours.
- Recognizes and prompts youth on appropriate behaviors and skills.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent; post-secondary education is preferred.
- Previous experience working with at risk children is preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Available to work flexible hours.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality and to build and sustain successful, professional relationships.
Schedule: Full-Time Overnights 10:30pm - 8:00am