Clinical Support Specialist (LICSW or LGSW)Washington D.C., District of Columbia
Clinical Support Specialist (LGSW or LICSW)
Closing Date: August 15th, 2018 or until filled
Children and families in the nation’s capital have benefited from Boys Town Washington DC services since the site opened its doors in 1993.
Direct care services for children include four Family Homes in the District. The site also offers Community Support Services® which focus on providing Common Sense ​Parenting ® classes that help parents expand and improve their child-rearing skills. These services and programs touch the lives of 6,200 children and families in the District of Columbia each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Clinical Support Specialist provides support and education to the Boys Town Program Staff. This position may also provide therapy to identified youth and families.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Master's Degree in a mental health field such as psychology, social work, or mental health counseling, from a fully accredited university.
- 2 years of related experience; experience working youth and families preferred.
- Must provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of the job.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and uphold integrity.
- Ability to build and sustain successful, professional relationships.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
- Ability and willingness to learn and implement the Boys Town Model.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSURES, AND LANGUAGE SKILLS:
- Must be a licensed LGSW or LICSW
- Must possess the required license for the jurisdiction or state in which services are provided.
- Must meet requirements to be able to bill third-party insurance providers including Medicaid when applicable
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.