Executive Administrative AssistantTallahassee, Florida
CLOSING DATE: Posted through February 18, 2019 or until filled
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day? Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
Boys Town in North Florida is seeking an energetic and efficient executive level administrative support staff that will support the Executive team and work closely with Development and Marketing. Candidate must have strong skills in database system management, running reports and must have strong excel experience. Must have exceptional communication skills and will work with a variety of people from Boys Town Youth to Donors. Must have excellent follow through and the ability to balance a busy workload working with multiple tasks and leaders.
The Executive Administrative Assistant performs a wide variety of high-level administrative duties at an executive level and provides assistance to departmental staff, volunteers, and visitors. Support Development team and maintains marketing materials and database. Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
o Coordinates and organizes departmental activities, proactively anticipating departmental needs.
o Performs general administrative functions including high-level correspondence, database management, wide-ranging office support.
o Processes, maintains, and files departmental records including youth files, payroll, purchasing, work orders, and other documents.
o Maintains schedules and coordinates calendars for meetings and other events; records, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes. Assists in organizing events as needed.
o Makes schedule travel arrangements and completes expense reports as needed.
o Tracks, researches, and prepares various reports, material packets, and meeting or presentation materials.
Hours: Typically working Monday through Friday 8:30 am to 5:30pm. Will require some flexibility to work evening and weekends assisting with 2-3 major events each year.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS:
Associate's degree or equivalent experience required.
2+ years of administrative experience required.
• Knowledge of office administrative procedures, practices, and work place methods.
• Ability to review and resolve complex administrative problems independently.
• High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
• Working knowledge of PC software applications with an advanced ability to utilize Windows-based programs and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
• Ability to communicate, verbally and in writing, with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
• Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
• Ability to type accurately and proficiently at a high rate of speed.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.