Job DetailsApply Now Apply Later
Case Management CoordinatorJob ID 11524 Date posted 02/09/2018
CLOSING DATE: February 21, 2018
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day? Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Case Management Coordinator facilitates the provision of organizational program requirements for youth. Manages cases, develops discharge plans, and provides assistance to program staff in the provision of developing and implementing a permanent plan for the youth.
o Assists youth/family in understanding reasons for placement and manages each individual case including participating in case staffing.
o Assists in the screening and intake process of youth/family to ensure that appropriate goals for permanency in the future placement are developed.
o Works closely with the placement agency to ensure that the youth receives the most appropriate placement options available; maintains an appropriate level of communication with the placement social workers.
o Gathers additional information on youth/family, if needed, to plan appropriate placement and aftercare services; secures ongoing services to youth and families working towards permanency.
o Monitors youth/family and, if appropriate, parent progress towards permanency of placement; coordinates and monitors visitation and referral process to other placement agencies as needed.
o Maintains external communication with outside consumers for permanency planning; establishes and maintains effective working relationships with referral agencies and community resources to link the youth and family with outside resources to meet their needs based on the service plan.
o Assists in the development of progress, discharge, and other needed reports by providing information on appropriate placement options and aftercare to program staff.
o Schedules necessary appointments, and provides transportation as necessary for the youth and family to prepare for discharge of the youth.
o Maintains accurate and up-to-date case records.
Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
• Bachelor's degree in Social Work or related field required.
• 2 years of experience working with youth and families required. Case management experience is preferred.
• Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
• Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care.
• High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
• Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality and the ability to build and sustain successful, professional relationships.
• Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
• Ability to quickly make decisions in sensitive and sometimes critical areas and present decisions to appropriate individuals.
• Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.