Assistant Family TeacherTallahassee, Florida
JOB TITLE: Assistant Family Teacher for Female Home
CLOSING DATE: September 18, 2018 or until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Boys Town is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit. Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Assistant Family-Teacher provides direct care for 6-8 at-risk youth in a safe and caring family style living environment. This position guides and teaches youth on appropriate skills and behaviors and provides youth with moral, spiritual and educational development needed for future success to include social, academic, independent living skills and building relationships. Provide feedback to the youth around day-to-day functions such as: personal hygiene, following instructions, getting along with peers using a behavioral based program that centers on a motivation (point) system. Many of the children have suffered the trauma of abuse, neglect and abandonment, and have been removed from their homes. Often, they have serious emotional and behavioral problems.
SCHEDULE Evening hours (typically works between 2pm-10:30pm). ** Requires staying/sleeping in the home overnights one to two weekend a month. Flexibility is a must.
Must be able to attend all expense paid training in Omaha, NE for 2 weeks.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, some college preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Must have the willingness to work as a flexible team and work varied hours in order to assist the Family Teaching Couple with youth and home activities.
- Must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on physical, psychological, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria, appropriate to the age of the youth being serviced in his/her assigned service area.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.