Business: Boys Town
In a career as an Administrative Assistant (Family Home Program), you are often the backbone of Boys Town's success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. You aren't just a supporting player, but someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to benefit the organization and our mission. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm Monday to Friday
- Performs general administrative functions including photocopying, faxing, typing correspondence, mail, and maintaining office supplies.
- Greets visitors and staff in person or via telephone, determines their needs and directs them to the appropriate person or office.
- Processes, maintains, and files departmental records including youth files, payroll, purchasing, work orders, and other documents.
- Maintains schedules and coordinates calendars for meetings and other events; records, transcribes, and distributes meeting minutes. Assists in organizing events as needed.
- Makes travel arrangements and completes expense reports as needed.
- Tracks, researches, and prepares various reports, material packets, and meeting/presentation materials.
- Completes departmentally specific administrative tasks as applicable per area of responsibility.
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including some administrative or clerical.
- Knowledge of office administrative procedures, practices, and filing methods.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of PC software applications with an advanced ability to utilize Windows-based programs and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate with individuals at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to type accurately and proficiently at a high rate of speed.
About Boys Town North Florida:
Make a difference here at Boys Town North Florida, where our programs and services touch the lives of more than 5,000 people each year. Since our arms opened in 1983, we have been providing hope and healing as a good neighbor in the Tallahassee community by serving our children and families.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here in Tallahassee. The city has the wonderful weather Florida is famous for with the additional charm of a nice southern hospitality atmosphere, and there is nothing we believe in more than community. Boys Town North Florida has faith that our employees are our greatest asset, and we work to build a strong team culture at the site through team building activities such as quarterly potlucks, campus celebration, movie screenings and more. Outside of fostering relationships, our leadership initiative called “Next Gen” gives staff an opportunity to engage in training and development to prepare for their next career move within the organization.
Date Posted:July 21, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.