Search Our Jobs
Family Team Facilitator **$1,000 Hiring Bonus**Job ID 18255 Sioux City, Iowa
$1000 Hiring Bonus
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Family Team Facilitator, you have the ability to change a family’s life. Every family has its problems, but some families’ problems threaten their very existence. Our team works to overcome such issues as drug and alcohol addiction, domestic abuse, adolescent defiance, and behavioral challenges as they strive to keep struggling families together. Your work here will not only be life-changing but lifesaving.
- Facilitates meetings between clients and employees or third-party providers.
- Plans, organizes, and facilitates meetings in multi-cultural settings with a broad scope of participants which may include employees, DHS workers, legal personnel, school representatives, therapists, physicians, and extended family members.
- Ensures meetings are facilitated effectively, promotes unity of effort, and works to engage clients in the process as appropriate.
- Assesses client needs and abilities to recommend services.
- Monitors and evaluates meeting action plan and appropriateness of care to make recommendations and report on progress.
- Utilizes de-escalation techniques and handles crisis situations in a manner that minimizes disruption and ensures safety.
- Adheres to defined processes, philosophies, and strategies and ensures professional boundaries are maintained.
- Maintains knowledge of and adheres to contract expectations.
- Meets with families and children at various locations; utilizes own transportation or Boys Town vehicle to travel to work destinations; may transport youth as authorized in a Boys Town vehicle.
- May be trained to become a certified Common Sense Parenting Instructor and as a certified instructor may be asked to conduct Common Sense Parenting (CSP) Courses at designated locations as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required, some college credits preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience preferably including working with children and families.
- Available to work outside of traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check. May need to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete some travel requirements of the job.
- This position requires successful completion of state-mandated training in Family Team Decision-Making (FTDM) Meeting Facilitation and Youth Transition Decision-Making (YTDM) Meeting Facilitation, state coaching sessions, and issuance of a facilitator number from the state.
About Boys Town Iowa:
Since opening in 1989, Boys Town Iowa has focused on meeting the needs of youth and families through a variety of programs and services. We have continued to expand our services, and now serve more than 1,100 families and 2,200 children in Iowa each year. Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
About Boys Town:
A National Historic Landmark since 1985, the Village of Boys Town is now the only National Historic Landmark District in Nebraska. At any given time, about 400 boys and girls live in the Village, receiving care and guidance for a wide range of behavioral, emotional and academic issues. When Father Edward J. Flanagan purchased the Overlook Farm in 1921, it became the new, permanent site of Boys Town. Over the decades that followed, schools, churches and homes were built, and tens of thousands of young lives were transformed.
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Date Posted: December 3, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.