Job DetailsApply Now Apply Later
Administrative AssistantJob ID 5941632 Date posted 10/10/2017
Title: Administrative Assistant
Closing date: October 15, 2017
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day?
Boys TownIowa is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town is seeking a full time Administrative Assistant with advanced clerical skills to support our In-Home Family Services Program in Sioux City. In this role, you will perform a wide variety of clerical, administrative, and receptionist duties and provide assistance to other departmental staff, volunteers, and visitors. As our Administrative Assistant some of your responsibilities will include:
- Performing general administrative functions including photocopying, faxing, typing correspondence, mail, and maintaining office supplies.
- Utilizing PowerPoint to create complex presentations.
- Greeting visitors and staff in person or via telephone, determining their needs and directing them to the appropriate person or office.
- Processing, maintaining, and filing departmental records including youth files, payroll, purchasing, work orders, and other documents.
- Maintaining schedules and coordinating calendars for meetings and other events; recording, transcribing, and distributing meeting minutes.
- Assisting in organizing events as needed.
- Making travel arrangements and completes expense reports as needed.
- Tracking, researching, and preparing various reports, material packets, and meeting/presentation materials.
- Completing departmentally specific administrative tasks as applicable per area of responsibility.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- At least 2 years of experience including some administrative or clerical experience.
- Must have knowledge of office administrative procedures and practices, and filing methods.
- Must have advanced skills in the MS Suite of products with emphasis on Excel.
- Must be proficient with a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database and presentation software.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently, prioritize projects, meet deadlines, and multitask while maintaining quality standards
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.