Youth Transportation AssistantProvidence, Rhode Island
Job Title: Driver
Schedule : Full Time - Days
Location: Providence, RI
The Driver operates personal vehicle to transport youth, clients, and staff to designated locations.
- Coordinates and completes assigned transportation responsibilities according to regular schedule.
- Ensures proper vehicle maintenance to maintain safety standards, and maintains cleanliness on transportation vehicle.
- Monitors and supervises the appropriateness of youth behaviors providing corrections as needed; ensures that passengers wear a seatbelt properly.
- Communicates with appropriate staff members regarding individual youth needs and progress.
- Administers appropriate first aid in the event of an accident.
- High School diploma or equivalent. Must be a minimum of 21 years of age.
- Previous experience including driving preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Knowledge of vehicle and driver safety guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to safely navigate a vehicle in all weather and road conditions during the day and at night.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- Knowledge of the Boys Town Model.
About Boys Town New England:
Since opening in 1991, Boys Town New England services and programs touch the lives of 8,000 children and families in each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town New England. Our work culture recognizes the importance of furthering your education, and in order to do so we offer a number of tuition assistance and scholarship opportunities to make it happen. We also recognize the significance of being involved with our community, which means our team participates number of events such as the Newport Marathon, our annual Spirit of Youth Gala and a Christmas tree lighting on our own campus. We want to support and celebrate you as a member of our Boys Town family through all-staff cookouts, generous time off for vacation and an emphasis on leadership development here on the beautiful east coast.
About Boys Town:
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life. Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Date Posted: October 21, 2019
Job ID : 14470
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.