Search Our Jobs
Financial Manager - SiteJob ID 18609 Portsmouth, Rhode Island
Business: Boys Town
Are you looking for a rewarding career that fits your life and gives you the opportunity to give back? Are you a strategic and outside the box thinker who takes initiative? If so, this role is for you. As the Site Finance Manager, you are the backbone of Boys Town's success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. You aren't just a supporting player, but someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to benefit the organization and our mission. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
- Develops and implements finance related short-term objectives and long-term goals of assigned Site consistent with organizational goals.
- Develops and institutes initiatives in line with strategic objectives and goals. Coordinate’s activities of the major program areas and adapts and revises strategic plans as necessary.
- Assumes responsibility for Site financial and business systems; oversees financial operation of the Site and ensures compliance with local, state, and federal contract regulations and licensing requirements.
- Solicits, evaluates, and selects methods, materials, and suppliers for maintenance based on quality and price.
- Provides monthly budget analysis and financial contract reviews. Prepares and monitors the cost center budgets and expenditures.
- Hires, manages, and evaluates assigned personnel.
- Collaborates with the national office to coordinate the purchase or lease of, and then payment for, all goods and services at the Site.
- Monitors the billing, collection, and deposit of program, grant, and other revenues, reviews monthly departmental finance reports.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, or equivalent.
- 3 to 5 years of experience including financial management; purchasing and IT experience is preferred.
- CPA preferred.
- Knowledge of strategic planning, resource allocation, leadership technique, and coordination of people and resources in a non-profit organization. Knowledge of organizational strategies and ability to apply those strategies in practice.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to successfully manage the quality and content of all financial data, reporting, and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area.
- Ability to set priorities, multi-task, and switch focus in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.