Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Donor Relations Specialist, you have the ability to create a lasting imprint for the community as a whole. By telling the Boys Town story to friends, neighbors, and community members, you are doing your part as the true advocate and “Inspirational Leader” for Boys Town, further ensuring our mission of changing the way America cares for children and families thrives.
- Performs a wide range of administrative duties and participates in building donor relationships as directed.
- Ensures all development activities and interactions are recorded promptly and accurately in Donor Database.
- Participates in the planning and implementation of special events to secure sponsorships, cash donations, and in-kind contributions and to maximize revenue to meet development fundraising goals.
- Works closely with volunteer board members to foster relationships and achieve fundraising goals and identifies suitable vendors and negotiates contracts and agreements for the purpose of special events.
- Prepares a wide range of written materials including funding proposals, program descriptions, reports, letters, acknowledgments, sponsorship, and invitation copy.
- Responds to donor inquiries and requests for information or assistance; performs donor stewardship.
- Prepares reports on development activity, maintains development hard copy and computer files, coordinates events, and prepares appropriate letters for specialized donor correspondence.
- Builds donor relationships, engages donors and prospective donors in an appropriate manner, and manages prospects; initiates thank you calls, follow up calls, condolence calls, education calls, invitation calls, and marketing calls.
- Maintains contact and creates networking within the community, performs donor cultivation and stewardship, and responds to donor inquiries and requests for assistance.
- Processes, prepares, and records all donations daily, maintains donor record and initiates donor research.
- Associate's degree or equivalent; Bachelor's degree preferred.
- 2 years of relevant experience preferably including nonprofit and donor relations experience; experience with fundraising data management programs (Blackbaud CRM) is preferred.
Education, Experience, and Other Requirements:
- Knowledge of fundraising and special events.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills with strong customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills in Blackbaud CRM and Microsoft Office, including PowerPoint, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to communicate verbally and in writing at all levels in the organization and with external business contacts in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and sustain successful, professional relationships.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Strong knowledge of the Boys Town Model.
About Boys Town New England:
Since opening in 1991, Boys Town New England services and programs touch the lives of 8,000 children and families in each year.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town New England. Our work culture recognizes the importance of furthering your education, and in order to do so we offer a number of tuition assistance and scholarship opportunities to make it happen. We also recognize the significance of being involved with our community, which means our team participates number of events such as the Newport Marathon, our annual Spirit of Youth Gala and a Christmas tree lighting on our own campus. We want to support and celebrate you as a member of our Boys Town family through all-staff cookouts, generous time off for vacation and an emphasis on leadership development here on the beautiful east coast.
Date Posted:December 3, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.