Bilingual In-Home Family Services ConsultantPort Saint Lucie, Florida
CLOSING DATE: Open until filled
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day?
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Bilingual In-Home Family Services Consultant (Spanish/English) provides in-home intervention to children and their families utilizing a skill based, solution focused model to help families adopt positive solutions to problems through the teaching of skills and behavioral techniques accessing community resources and support.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community service resources, including medical professionals, public welfare personnel, lawyers, therapists, law enforcement staff, school officials, neighbors, and religious and youth organization representatives utilizing referral sources as necessary.
- Provides screening and assessment to determine program eligibility and identifies areas to address in the service plan if applicable.
- Provides training and support in the development and utilization of functional skills to families with problems and individuals associated with the families.
- Assesses problems and provides care to youth and families; monitors individual and family progress in the attainment of predetermined goals providing regular review and update of service plans.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with families per program requirements, and remains available to families 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Prepares and submits reports and recommendations concerning case load status, budget requests, changes in service plans, and any unusual incidents that occur in the operation of the program.
- Reports any critical incidents involving family members or staff according to standard reporting guidelines.
- Prepares proper documentation and service plans in a timely manner as defined by the program.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Behavioral Sciences or Human Services required. NOTE: Education and experience requirements may be higher based on Affiliate Site location, Local contracts, or Federal/State contract requirements.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families required. Experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town Programs preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job.
- Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws.
- This position is available rotationally to provide crisis response and must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish)
May be trained to become a State Approved Family Team Decision Meeting and/or Youth Transition Decision Making Facilitator and may be asked to conduct facilitated meetings at designated locations as assigned.
Certification or licensure may be required based on Affiliate Site location, Local contracts, or Federal/State contract requirements.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.