In Home Family Services Consultant in BrowardPompano Beach, Florida
Closing date: Job is posted through September 23, 2018 or until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
MISSION: Changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care® that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit.
VISION: America’s beacon of healing and hope, strengthening children and families through life-changing care.
VALUES: Keep Children, Families and Patients First. Collaborate internally and externally. Demonstrate accountability for outcomes. Display inspirational leadership. Pray for the Mission.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
Boys Town South Florida is seeking an In-Home Family Services Consultant based in Broward County. Provide services and assistance to struggling and troubled families. Like a coach working with individuals and a team, a supervisor motivates, guides, gives direction to the people he or she oversees you will provide in-home intervention to children and their families utilizing a skill based, solution focused model. Through the use of this model you will help families adopt positive solutions to problems through the teaching of parenting skills, independent living skills, behavior modification techniques, and accessing community resources and support.
Responsible for providing screening and assessment to determine program eligibility, as well as identifying specific areas to address in service plans when applicable. Maintain regular direct contact with families and be on-call 24/7 to provide crisis intervention. Monitor individual and family progress in attainment of predetermined goals. Provide regular review and updating of service plans to include preparing and submitting written reports to document all service plans, recommendations, and any incidents that arise.
As our In-Home Family Services Consultant you will work to develop and maintain effective working relationships with families and community service resources. Through providing training and support in the development of skills and accessing of community resources, you will promote family self-determination. You will utilize your own vehicle to travel to various meeting destinations with families and children, which may include their home, school, or other community organizations. You may also become a certified Common Sense Parenting Instructor and be responsible for training the curriculum in a classroom setting. Overall, as our In-Home Family Services Consultant your goal is to improve the youth and family’s social, emotional and behavioral well-being.
- 40 hours a week (20-25 hours a week of face to face time with families/ 5 hours of travel/10-15 hours documentation/consultation/meetings).
- Hours and schedules may vary based on business demands.
- Can include working up to 3-4 evenings a week.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Bachelor’s Degree in the Behavioral Sciences or Human Services related fields
- One to two years of experience working with children and families
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record, plus ability to provide own transportation and a valid auto liability insurance policy to complete travel requirements of the job
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of community resources and service providers in service area is a plus
- Flexibility and willingness to work days, evenings, weekends, holidays, and be on-call
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Bilingual preferred
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.