Family & Child Advocate/EducatorPompano Beach, Florida
Job Title: Family & Child Advocate/Educator - Family Track
Location: Pompano Beach, Florida
Family & Child Advocate/Educator (also called a
The Family & Child Advocate/Educator will work with children and families in the Cypress Run Education Center in Pompano Beach.
- Provides case management services for Care Coordination Services.
- Develops and maintains effective working relationships with families and with community resources, including medical, mental health, and substance abuse professionals, child welfare personnel, Juvenile Justice personnel, lawyers, therapists, law enforcement staff, school officials, neighbors, and religious and youth organization representatives.
- Provides assessment to determine program eligibility, problem areas and areas of strength.
- Maintains current knowledge of available formal services, resources, and supports in the local community. Identifies needed services and links youth to services.
- Identifies informal supports and assists youth and family members to access these supports.
- Monitors linked services, resources and supports in order to ensure quality of care.
- Acts as a youth and family advocate and empowers youth and family members to advocate for themselves in the community.
- Assists youth and family members in navigating through various systems; educates youth and family members about the systems in order to build their understanding, supports permanency planning and outcomes.
- Provides support in the development and utilization of functional skills to youth and family members.
- Develops, monitors, and reviews service plans and develops subsequent service plans as needed to facilitate progress.
- Maintains appropriate level of direct contact with youth and family members per program requirements, and remains available to youth and family members 24/7, for crisis intervention as needed.
- Creates and manages discharge planning as needed with a focus on Safety, Permanency and Well-being including step down placements, reunification, adoption, or transition (independent living) plans, and coordination of community resources.
- Assists youth and family members in building on their spiritual and religious beliefs or practices as a source of strength to reach their goals.
- Promotes culture of professionalism through role modeling and respect.
- Meets with youth and family members at various locations; utilizes own vehicle to travel to work destinations and to transport youth as authorized.
- Completes administrative functions for Care Coordination Services.
- Prepares and submits reports concerning case load status, budget requests, changes in service plans, and any unusual incidents that occur in the operation of the program.
- Reports any critical incidents involving youth, family members, or staff according to standard reporting guidelines.
- Prepares proper documentation including case notes, assessments, service plans, outcome measures, narratives, and reports in a timely manner as defined by the program.
- Implements feedback from supervisor.
- Ensures compliance with all contractual, regulatory, program, and accrediting body standards.
- Notifies supervisor of change in professional status or standing that may affect job status or program compliance including driving record, driver's license suspension, vehicle insurance cancellation, and missed mandatory training.
- Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field.
- 1 to 2 years of experience including working with children and families; experience working with children and families in community-based programs or Boys Town programs is preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record, plus the ability to provide own transportation to complete travel requirements of the job. Must meet auto insurance requirements established by Boys Town policy and/or State and Local laws and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- This position is available rotationally to provide crisis response and must be available to work non-traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- This position is required to office at Cypress Run Education Center in Pompano Beach for a minimum of 3 days per week.
Schedule: Full Time
November 7, 2019
Job ID: 14591