Search Our Jobs
Youth Care WorkerJob ID 17569 Oviedo, Florida
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Youth Care Worker, part of giving youth a second chance is exposing them to new opportunities. Youth come to Boys Town for a variety of reasons – family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system. You come in by being a part of the team that gives thousands of at-risk children the love, support and education they need to succeed.
Schedule: Full-Time, 2:00 PM-10:00 PM or 9:30 PM-7:30 AM, Weekends Included,
- Assists in the supervision and training of youth.
- Assesses and monitors youth skills and progress to determine skill development needs and priorities.
- Uses the Boys Town Model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills in accordance with individualized service plans.
- Monitors activities and maintains a safe living and learning environment for youth.
- Monitors, supports, and encourages academic performance and educational success.
- Models appropriate relationships with youth and staff.
- Attends consultation meetings, staff meetings, and shift transition meetings.
- Assists in processing documents for youth intake and departure, updates files, and assists in the preparation of youth summaries and reports.
- Observes and participates in mediation and planning conferences with youth and their families.
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions as needed.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth to and from school, appointments, and outings.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and sustain trust to facilitate successful, professional relationships.
About Boys Town Central Florida:
Join us in sunny Florida as a part of Boys Town Central Florida, where our programs and services touch the lives of 7,600 children and families each year. The largest campus area outside the Village of Boys Town, Nebraska, Boys Town Central Florida opened in 1986 in Oviedo.
The opportunity to shape the future of America’s youth is only one of the many perks here at Boys Town Central Florida. Looking ahead, we are continuing to expand our programs across the community and grow our 55-acre campus. Outside of work, the entertainment never ends in the middle of the Sunshine State. Like basketball? Our site is home to the Orlando Magic NBA team, and we get tickets! Want a taste of what college football rivalries mean in the state of Florida? Catch a game at the UCF, one of the fastest growing college football programs in the country. We also can’t forget about the local theme parks ranging from Walt Disney World Resort and their newest park, Star Wars Galaxy Edge, to Universal Studios, where you can relive all the movies of your past and present.
Date Posted: July 21st, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.