Maintenance Specialist / GroundskeeperOviedo, Florida
Job Title: Maintenance Specialist / Groundskeeper
Schedule: Typical working schedule, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. with rotational on call
In a career as a Maintenance Specialist your behind-the-scenes work is what leads to making the magic of our mission come true every day. Boys Town serves thousands of children and their families around the United States, which means that we need you to keep our operations running smoothly and efficiently. No matter your role at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
- Responsible for maintaining for the inside and outside of 5-6 homes.
- Performs preventative and corrective maintenance including cleaning gutters, caulking windows, repairing furniture, and replacing tiles. Installs plastic laminates, window trimmings, and door locks and closures.
- Completes service order forms and records work performed, duration, and materials used.
- Maintains grounds and landscaping as needed including mowing lawns, pulling weeds, trimming and planting trees and shrubbery, applying fertilizers and insecticides, maintaining and repairing irrigation system.
- Repairs and fabricates structural woodwork and wood equipment; performs corrective and preventative maintenance work. Assists in planning and completing carpentry projects, communicates project needs to external contractors, estimates costs of jobs, and orders supplies.
- Builds, repairs, and installs woodwork including counters, cabinets, benches, floors, doors, framework, and trim for organizational facilities ensuring completed work conforms to proper procedures, accreditation guidelines, and standards of quality and safety.
- Maintains shop facilities and equipment required for maintenance repairs and safety.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport supplies and equipment to work locations.
- Serves as a role model in carrying out the Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Vocational training is preferred.
- 1 to 2 years of experience in all phases of carpentry or woodworking.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Knowledge of a broad range of construction and remodeling practices, techniques, tools, equipment, and safety procedures.
- Mathematical skills to calculate specifications and costs and the ability to read blueprints and understand and interpret written and verbal instructions.
- Skills in installation, repair, or restoration of wood and other construction materials.
October 3, 2019
Job ID: 14406