Health Coordinator NurseOviedo, Florida
Job Title: Health Coordinator Nurse (RN)
Location: Oviedo, FL
Schedule: Part Time, 5 days per week
Monday through Friday, 5p-9p or 6p-10p or Monday through Thursday, 5p-10p (may also consider weekends)
*This position is eligible for part time benefits, including participation in our 401K program and pro rated paid time off!
In a career as a Health Coordinator Nurse, you are often the backbone of Boys Town's success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. You aren't just a supporting player, but someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to benefit the organization and our mission. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
- Plans, develops, and implements a coordinated program for safe medication administration and employee and youth health related activities.
- Conducts initial health screens and medication verification on new youth admitted to the family home program.
- Secures, reviews, and monitors the medical history of each youth on an on-going basis.
- Ensures regulatory compliance and compliance with all licensing and accreditation standards.
- Produces and presents training programs, workshops or projects as assigned on health education topics.
- Conducts ongoing monitoring and evaluation of medication administration procedures; reviews data findings and report data on monthly safety reviews.
- Prepares policies and procedures for committee approval and implements performance improvements as necessary.
- Serves as a resource and provides education for youth and staff to prevent and reduce the risks of endemic and epidemic infections or contagious illnesses; educates staff on health related questions including TB and Hepatitis B programs.
- Integrates infection control program and medication administration procedures with organizational wide performance improvement process.
- Graduate of a professional nursing program.
- 3 years of experience in a medical office setting. Previous management experience is preferred
- Current, unencumbered license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Florida required.
- CPR certification required.
Job ID: 15141