Youth Care WorkerOmaha, Nebraska
Job Title: Youth Care Worker
Schedule : Full Time- Swing: 2pm-10pm, 5 days per week OR Overnights: 9:15pm-7:15am, 4 days per week
Location: Omaha, NE
In a career as a Youth Care Worker, part of giving youth a second chance is exposing them to new opportunities. Youth come to Boys Town for a variety of reasons – family issues, abuse, neglect, abandonment, involvement in the juvenile justice system. You come in by being a part of the team that gives thousands of at-risk children the love, support and education they need to succeed.
- Assesses and monitors youth skills and progress to determine skill development needs and priorities.
- Uses the Boys Town Model to teach and monitor behaviors and skills in accordance with individualized service plans.
- Monitors activities and maintains a safe living and learning environment for youth.
- Monitors, supports, and encourages academic performance and educational success.
- Models appropriate relationships with youth and staff.
- Attends consultation meetings, staff meetings, and shift transition meetings.
- Assists in processing documents for youth intake and departure, updates files, and assists in the preparation of youth summaries and reports.
- Observes and participates in mediation and planning conferences with youth and their families.
- Attends to youth medical and physical conditions as needed.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to transport youth to and from school, appointments, and outings.
- High school diploma or equivalent. Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements pertaining to youth care.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner while maintaining necessary degree of confidentiality.
- Ability to build and sustain trust to facilitate successful, professional relationships.
About Boys Town
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free prescriptions, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October 10, 2019
Job ID : 14432
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.