Search Our Jobs
Transport Courier (Part-Time)Job ID REQ-2023-2872 Omaha, Nebraska
In a career as a Transport Courier, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will provide pick-up and delivery service for various departments and sites. Maintain appropriate logs and records and performs various routine clerical functions as directed. Operate vans or other motor vehicles as necessary.
Schedule: Part-Time, 30 hours a week, 11:45 AM-6:30 PM Monday-Friday
Location: West Hospital
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Transports/delivers supplies, mail, human specimens, instrumentation, and printed materials to/from various locations ensuring proper care of items handled during transport.
- Prepares and maintains accurate transportation logs, vehicle fuel consumption logs, and other data as required.
- Operates vehicles in compliance with all FFBH policies and procedures as well as local, state, and federal motor vehicle regulations, laws, and ordinances.
- Communicates need for or arranges for both scheduled and nonscheduled vehicle maintenance.
- Utilizes appropriate personal protective equipment or devices to prevent injuries or exposures related to the transport of human specimens, heavy objects or other materials of trade.
- Remains informed of process changes or unplanned transport needs through written, verbal and electronic forms of communication.
- High school diploma or equivalent required (previous courier related experience can be counted in lieu of a High School diploma).
- Possess a valid driver's license, with a good driving record required.
- Pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check required.
Diversity is more than a commitment at Boys Town—it is the foundation of who we are and what we do.
At Boys Town, we cultivate a culture of inclusion for all employees that respects their individual strengths, views, and experiences. We believe that our differences enable us to be a better team – one that makes better decisions, drives innovation, and delivers better business results.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.