Search Our Jobs
Surgical Technologist IJob ID 17571 Omaha, Nebraska
Business:Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Surgical Tech you will join us in providing life changing care to patients from across the region. Under the general direction of the Director of Surgery Center, the Surgical Technologist performs scrub and related duties in the operating room. You alsoProvide continuing health care to individuals and families to help them achieve their optimal level of health. No matter what your role is at Boys Town your helping make a difference.
$2,500.00 HIRING BONUS!
- Performs the required duties in the OR under the supervision of the RN Circulating Nurse and according to hospital standards/policy.
- Utilizes the Surgeon Preference Card and with circulating nurse, identifies and gathers all necessary supplies, equipment, and instruments for each operative procedure.
- Assures proper handling of contaminated instruments and cleaning of room after cases. Performs housekeeping duties as needed.
- Assists surgeon by anticipating needs and providing instruments and other materials in a timely manner.
- Assists in unit responsibilities for readiness for Joint Commission visits.
- This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- High school diploma or equivalent required, graduate from an accredited surgical/operating room technician program, and/or minimum of two years’ experience in an operating room.
- Must be CPR (BLS) certified.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer programs to manage work.
- Ability to follow AORN guidelines for perioperative practice.
- Ability to maintain satisfactory and harmonious working relationships with public, other consumers and other employees.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served.
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
July 21st, 2021