Search Our Jobs
Surgery Scheduling RepresentativeJob ID 19005 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
$1,000 HIRING BONUS!
In a career as a Surgery Scheduling Representative, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you're responsible for coordination of the surgery scheduling process. Assures coordination of OR schedule through communication with surgeons, Anesthesia, Pre-Admission Nurses, floor nurses, and OR personnel.
Schedule: Full-Time, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM Monday-Friday
Location: West Hospital
- Schedules surgery date with the patient based on scheduling requests from EHR, or faxed scheduling forms, properly documenting into the surgery schedule in SIS. Verifies site/side with surgeon, patient, chart, and family.
- Collects and/or verifies insurance information, companies and account numbers, with the patient and notifies the billing office of any discrepancies.
- Verifies that surgeon holds appropriate surgical privileges for procedure proposed and coordinates physician time if more than one surgeon is needed.
- Works closely with the anesthesia department to facilitate room coverage.
- Notifies the Surgery Scheduling Supervisor of any major changes in the schedule and documents any specific equipment requests. Notifies the surgery center as needed.
- Informs patient of needed history and physical and initiates patient education.
- Schedules surgical cases and medical admissions based on information transmitted via EHR and/or faxed from provider offices.
- Arranges/ verifies pre op appointments scheduled, reviews surgery process, initiates patient education.
- Notifies all appropriate staff of details regarding surgery changes or conflicts. Adjusts clinic times for surgeons when needed.
- Mails outpatient surgery information packets to patient or their family.
- Contacts physicians as needed and notifies Pre-admission staff and hospital OR and Floor staff of problems.
- Verifies site and side with physician/ scheduling document and patient.
- Verifies insurance coverage account numbers, notifies insurance verification staff of potential problems. Notifies insurance verification staff of need for pre-authorization prior to scheduling.
- Assists the Scheduling Supervisor, to reviews OR schedule and SIS daily, assigning, coordinating, and adjusting operating rooms and surgery times as appropriate.
- Notifies clinic staff of need for post op appointments.
- High school diploma or equivalent, required
- Minimum of two years of experience in surgical setting, prior hospital/ambulatory surgery scheduling experience, preferred
- Must have knowledge of medical terminology
- Prior working knowledge of using personal computer
- Eexperience with electronic medical records, preferred.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses’ focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: June 29th, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.