Search Our Jobs
Supervisor of Medical RecordsJob ID 19283 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as an Supervisor of Medical Records, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will perform duties of significant difficulty which includes the supervision and oversight of medical record completion functions, including document imaging, deficiency management, record analysis, and data abstraction of hospital and behavioral health patient records. Responsible for completeness of patient records in accordance with compliance and regulatory standards and requirements of Joint Commission, CMS, and BTNRH.
Schedule: Full-Time, 8:00 AM-5:00 PM Monday-Friday
Location: Downtown Hospital
- Provides direct supervision of medical record analysts and hospital document imaging staff who are responsible for ensuring record completion, in accordance with regulatory compliance standards and requirements. This includes supervision of daily activities, providing coaching, mentoring, correction, and performance evaluations to target optimal performance and completion of duties and deadlines.
- Adapts to changes in the work environment and workload, making necessary adjustments to support staff and promote equity in work assignments and ensure productivity standards are met and work is completed in a timely manner. This includes reviewing direct reports’ timecards on a weekly basis, adjusting staffing needs, minimizing overtime situations.
- Oversees the interviewing, selection and evaluation of performance of medical record analysts and hospital document imaging staff. Also accountable for providing orientation and ongoing training of medical record analysts and hospital document imaging technicians, as needed.
- Prepares and monitors record completion reports displaying timeliness and productivity as needed for quality outcomes. This includes monitoring deficiency work queues and dashboards in Epic to ensure productivity and timeliness performance standards are met.
- Develops, revises, implements, and monitors policies and procedures in medical record completion and imaging functions.
- Provides representation on committees, meetings as it relates to medical record completion and hospital imaging functions.
- Works closely with department leaders and clinicians to problem solve medical record issues.
- Associate's degree in Health Information Management, Business, or a related field is required, Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Must possess supervisory ability, as well as, the ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Minimum of 3 years' experience with Microsoft software applications and related software applications, as they apply to the electronic health record is required
- Consideration will be given to persons with an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge can be acquired.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses’ focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: July 14th, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.