Summer Youth SupervisorOmaha, Nebraska
Job Title: Summer Youth Supervisor
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
As a Summer Youth Supervisor, you have the ability to impact a youth’s life in just a few short months. This means creating first-time experiences and touching the lives of over 300 kids whether it be through a culinary competition, learning the basics of how to fish, competing in obstacle courses or even giving back to their community through volunteer work. This job is a fantastic opportunity if you are interested in working with youth and can be considered an internship through several colleges.
- Train at-risk youth in a variety of recreational and academic activities to develop life skills
- Lead youth in the completion of tasks and redirect inappropriate youth behaviors
- Evaluate and report youth progress to appropriate personnel
- Attend training to improve knowledge and implement the Youth Care Program
- Deliver leadership by motivating, inspiring, and providing structure to youth
Paid Mandatory Training Dates:
- Wednesday, May 27, 2020
- Thursday, May 28, 2020
- Friday, May 29, 2020
- Monday, June 1, 2020
- Tuesday, 2, 2020
Wednesday, June 3, 2020 through Friday, July 31, 2020
- Monday – Thursday (12:30 p.m. – 4:00 p.m.)
- Friday (8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.)
No Nights or Weekends
(These hours may vary slightly as there are different shift opportunities)
- 20 years of age or older (accepting 19 years of age if birthday falls within 3 months of program dates)
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Able to work outdoors and supervise up to 10 youth
- Must pass a drug screen and background check
About the Summer Enrichment Program:
Boys Town for many years has provided our youth with opportunities to learn and grow over the summer months. In the Summer Enrichment Program, these kids have the opportunity to develop and build their social skills, life skills and job-related skills. This includes rotating the youth weekly through 10 different sessions, enjoying fun and educational activities that will help them grow into well-rounded individuals.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. From our start in 1917, we’re poised to make even greater strides forward as we lead the way in changing how America cares for children, families and communities for the next 100 years.
Schedule: Part-Time Seasonal
Date Posted: January 13, 2020
Job ID: 14853
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.