Search Our Jobs
Sterile Processing TechJob ID 18162 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town
In a career of a Sterile Processing Tech, you contribute to our greatest asset, our people and culture of Boys Town. In this position you will take responsibility for reprocessing instruments and equipment used in the East & West operating suite, including care of delicate and specialty instrumentation: responsible for monitoring sterile supplies and autoclaves, inventory control as assigned. No matter your role at Boys Town, you will contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
$2,000 Sign On Bonus
- Performs, monitors, interprets, and records testing and validation of sterilization processes.
- Inspects and maintains integrity of instruments routinely. Uses contracted service for repairs as needed.
- Decontaminates, disinfects, assembles, and sterilizes instruments per departmental policy.
- Cleans autoclaves according to manufacturer's recommendations; maintains a clean working environment.
- Maintains and inventories sterile supplies and instruments within sterile processing.
- Participates in performance improvement projects and maintaining "The Joint Commission" readiness.
- Validates sterilization process has been completed and verified prior to instrument and implants being released.
- Communicates to the surgical team availability of instruments and implants.
- Works in collaboration with supervisor, directors, assistant directors, and senior staff for instrument acquisition.
- Works in collaboration with senior staff and surgical team to improve quality and efficiency of throughput.
- Log’s disposition of received instrumentation from company representatives.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- High School education or equivalent, required
- One to three years of experience in sterile processing, CRCST certification, preferred.
- Ability must have good oral and written communication skills.
- The worker must be able to visualize sterilization printouts and display monitor to interpret and record testing and validation of sterilization process and instrument logs; visually inspect and maintain integrity of instruments.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: October 12th, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.