Search Our Jobs
Staff AudiologistJob ID 19239 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
In a career as a Staff Audiologist, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will participate as a member of a multi-disciplinary clinic staff. Independently provide diagnostic audiological services to inpatients and outpatients suspected of having hearing disorders and/or balance disorders.
Schedule: Full-Time, Day Hours, Monday-Friday
Location: West Hospital
- Performs a wide range of routine audiological tests, as necessary, to determine the type and extent of vestibular and/or hearing disorders, proper referrals, and appropriate follow-up services.
- Performs Aural Rehabilitation including appropriate assistive device services, per patient needs.
- Recruits for clinical research studies and may be involved in data collection for clinical research studies.
- As assigned, may participate in special projects, multi-disciplinary teams, or educational programs.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Must hold a Clinical Doctorate of Audiology (Au.D.) degree from an ETB accredited college or university and at least one year of practical experience in the area of audiology
- Should have knowledge and understanding of hearing disorders for patients of all ages
- Should have effective oral and written communication skills and be able to participate as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Must have or be eligible for appropriate state licensing, within (3) three months of employment;
- Must hold a Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) or be Board Certified in Audiology from the American Board of Audiology (ABA) within (1) one year
- CITI training & certification
- CPR (BLS) certified
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses’ focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: July 28th, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.