Search Our Jobs
Staff Audiologist -part timeJob ID 18340 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary:Under the leadership of the Director and Coordinator of Audiology Services, this role participates as a member of a multi-disciplinary clinic staff and cochlear implant team. Independently provides cochlear implant, hearing aid, and diagnostic audiological services to inpatients and outpatients suspected of having hearing disorders.
Schedule: Part-time 20 hours/week. Schedule TBD, hours during the weekday between 8a-6pm, working at least 2-3 days/week.
- Performs a wide range of routine and advanced audiological tests, as necessary, to determine the type and extent of hearing disorders, appropriate assistive devices, proper referrals, and appropriate follow-up services.
- Participates in special projects, multi-disciplinary teams educational programs, and/or clinical research studies.
- Supervises the work of other audiologists or student externs as assigned by the Director.
- Performs Aural Rehabilitation services, including working with cochlear implants, per patient needs
- Master's degree or Doctor of Audiology (Au.D.) from an ETB accredited college or university
- Minimum of one year of practical experience in the area of audiology required.
- Previous experience with cochlear implants strongly preferred.
- Previous experience with Boys Town National Research Hospital Audiology preferred.
- Knowledge and understanding of hearing disorders for patients of all ages
- Must have or be eligible for appropriate state licensing, within (3) three months of employment, Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA) or be Board Certified in Audiology from the American Board of Audiology (ABA) within (1) one year required.
- CPR (BLS) certified.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: November 19, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.