Job DetailsApply Now Apply Later
Sr Software DeveloperJob ID 5355611 Date posted 08/11/2017
TITLE: Senior Software Developer
CLOSING DATE: 8/22/2017
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit.
Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people.
Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
This Senior Software Development position will allow the candidate to grow their technical knowledge base and skillset. Candidates will join a team of collaborative professionals responsible for developing, testing and operating applications that support Father Flanagan’s Boys’ Home mission specialists. This position will focus on the development, testing and operational aspects of our enterprise resource planning (ERP) suite of products.
What you will be doing:
• Participate in the software development lifecycle that includes the administration of our ERP product
• Working with operational support teams to optimize application efficiency, resiliency and sustainability
• Administer off-the-shelf software and tailor it to Boys Town’s needs
• Help transform legacy custom PLSQL, HTML and Oracle Forms components of our enterprise resource software planning suite to Groovy/Java using the Grails framework
• Work with internal customers to modify and create software that enables and assists our front line resources carrying out Father Flanagan's Boys' Home mission
• Investigate new technologies and methods to help evolve the SDLC process
• Develops support materials for developed software including program documentation and operational instructions.
• Work within a cross functional team to develop enhancements in an iterative fashion
• Actively participate in all Agile/Scrum ceremonies
• Join a team of family focused/oriented professionals who strive to help drive the mission forward
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
• Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, MIS, or Computer Science) or equivalent experience required
• 3-5+ years’ production application development and support
• Experience in one or more of the following programing disciplines: Java, Java Script, Groovy Grails, Oracle SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, PRO*C, BootStrap/CSS
• Experience with writing and executing scripts in one or more of the following: Bash, Perl, PowerShell
• Experience running software in both Windows and Linux operating systems
• Experience with SQL and/or Oracle Databases
• Understanding of the available system utilities and/or logs and the proper use and interpretation of the information to isolate issues
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to quickly establish productive relationships with other key technical and business team representatives
• May require on-call work to provide additional support and may require work to be performed outside of traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• The following are not necessary but would be seen as a plus:
o Experience with Banner or other ERP is seen as a plus
o Experience with Business processes including Accounting, Payroll, HR,
o Experience with GIT, Jenkins, SPLUNK
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.