Search Our Jobs
Sleep Lab Technologist II (Nights)Job ID 19145 Omaha, Nebraska
Business:Boys Town National Research Hospital
$5,000.00 HIRING BONUS!
Job Summary:In a career as a Sleep Lab Technologist II , you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will provide direct patient care independently and safely operating sophisticated medical equipment to record sleep/ wake stages, respiratory events, cardiac events, limb movements and other clinical events of patient care. Score sleep studies in accordance with national standards. Participate in the development and implementation of departmental policies, procedures, and quality assurance programs.
Schedule: Full-Time , 6:30 PM-6:30 AM
Location: West Hospital
- Provides for the assessment and evaluation of the appropriateness and effectiveness of diagnostic testing based on patients age, cognitive and physical abilities and/ or developmental needs. Is responsible for communication to the physician of patient data.
- Initiates and monitors overnight testing procedures in accordance with American Academy of Sleep Medicine.
- Communicates a professional attitude with patients, visitors and other hospital personnel. Practices strict ethical enforcement of protected medical and employee confidentiality.
- Provides patient care and education accordingly to the patient population served.
- Assists with quality assurance programs for the department and makes recommendations as needed.
- Performs duties, follows protocols, and documents in accordance with BTNRH policies and procedures.
- Scores sleep studies and maintains a minimum inter-scorer reliability score of 85%.
- Assumes responsibility for personal and professional growth through participation in department meetings, inservice and continuing education programs. Fulfills yearly education requirements as stated by policy.
- Participates in all safety, security and infection control programs that are mandatory as well as those required and provided by the department.
- Demonstrates work practices consistent with BTNRH and department specific safety, security and infection control policies.
- Authorized to make entries in the medical record, consistent with and limited to the scope of the job duties and any applicable licensure.
- Registered respiratory therapist, a registered polysomnographic technologist certification, or a Registered Polysomnographic Technologist with Board of Registered Polysomnographic Technologist
- Previous Sleep lab experience required
- Greater than one year of sleep study scoring required
- Previous pediatric experience, preferred
- BLS certification required
- PALS & ACLS certification, preferred.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: May 13th, 2022
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.