Search Our Jobs
Service Support TechnicianJob ID 17570 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Service Support Technician, you will help us in providing unparalleled care to youth and families across the nation. Information Technology at Boys Town is where innovation and technology come together to make us one of the best in class here in 'The Good Life' state. This means delivering game-changing, technology-driven business models and staying ahead of industry trends so we can excel of what we do best: saving children and healing families. No matter your role at Boys Town, you will contribute to helping us change the future of America's youth.
- Provides level-2 technical support.
- Provides on-site and remote support for workstation and user issues.
- Monitors support queue for problems and requests; works with users to find satisfactory resolutions.
- Installs software and hardware as required.
- Upgrades desktop and laptop workstations, including RAM and hard drive replacements.
- Works with vendors and users to process equipment warranty claims.
- Ensures that applications are maintained at acceptable level before, during, and after implementation.
- Solid understanding of IT principles and concepts, TCP/IP and networking protocols, Desktop and Network Operating Systems, Network documentation software, and supporting applications developed in Java, Python, C++, etc.
- Broad understanding of Microsoft Office products.
- Maintains mobile device management for users, including setup, enrollment, and user training.
- Troubleshoots printers and multifunction devices, including driver management, scanner queue.
- Excellent dedication to customer service, project follow through, and the ability to adjust to changing requirements, schedules, and priorities.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent preferred.
- 3-5 years of experience computer support including troubleshooting application related problems and working in a team environment on the development, testing, and support of a business applications.
- Knowledge of information systems concepts and terminology.
- Ability to lead/manage simultaneous, multiple projects to completion.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.