Senior SharePoint AdministratorOmaha, Nebraska
TITLE: Senior SharePoint Administrator
CLOSING DATE: January 04, 2019 or until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit. Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people. Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Senior SharePoint Administrator is responsible for all administration and maintenance of the SharePoint environments, including updates, search services, architecture, and security. As our Senior SharePoint Administrator, some of your additional responsibilities will include:
- Installing and setting up new SharePoint environments, SharePoint services, and websites.
- Monitoring, troubleshooting, patching, and upgrading the SharePoint services and environments.
- Maintaining security for SharePoint servers, services, and applications.
- Creating sites, templates, workflows, lists, and libraries.
- Updating IIS configuration.
- Utilizing scripts and third party tools to automate processes.
- Monitoring server performance, setting up user security, implementing backup and restore options
- Creating support materials including program documentation and operational instructions.
- Developing and maintaining high customer satisfaction.
- Implements backup and restore options.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE OR SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, related area, or equivalent preferred.
- 5 years of SharePoint and IT experience, including supporting enterprise level applications and gathering requirements, and experience with Microsoft Azure or other cloud-based services.
- Will require on-call work to provide 24/7 support and will require work to be performed outside of traditional business hours including early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Knowledge of web application design, development, change management, and best practices; knowledge of HTML, CSS, SharePoint 2013, SharePoint 2016, SharePoint Online, SharePoint On-Premises, SharePoint Designer, InfoPath, SQL Server, IIS, .NET.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to translate complex data into understandable conclusions and recommendations.
- Ability to work independently in a collaborative environment, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to continually increase technical competency of self and others through education and research with their field.
- Ability to prioritize based on organizational needs and to shift priorities on short notice.
- Knowledge of network architecture as applied to SharePoint servers and environment and of Active Directory and how it integrates with SharePoint.
- Knowledge of SQL Server and how it is utilized by SharePoint with an ability to understand and implement a term store/managed metadata.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.