Senior Network Security EngineerOmaha, Nebraska
TITLE: Senior Network Security Engineer
CLOSING DATE: February 11, 2019, or until filled
OVERVIEW OF BOYS TOWN
Are you passionate about shaping the future of America’s Youth?
Boys Town is changing the way America cares for children, families and communities by providing and promoting an Integrated Continuum of Care that instills Boys Town values to strengthen body, mind and spirit. Our mission is centered on creating an environment for children that includes trust, discipline, emotional support and respect. We believe that all children and youth have the potential to become bright, productive, adjusted, loving people. Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year. Join our Town today and help us shape the future of America!
OVERVIEW OF JOB
As our Senior Network Security Engineer, you will be responsible for advanced IT Security and Network Management services, Cyber-threat awareness and Cybersecurity solutions. You will adhere to industry best practice security operations, perform advanced data analytics, and deliver highly available agile infrastructure in an Enterprise IT operational environment. In this role, some of your additional responsibilities will include:
- Installing, configuring, designing, and maintaining network security systems.
- Providing senior level network design, implementation, troubleshooting, and support for multiple security and network products and applications.
- Identifying, monitoring, and defining the requirements of the overall security infrastructure.
- Configuring and implementing intrusion detection systems and firewalls.
- Maintaining firewalls, virtual private networks, web protocols, and email security.
- Creating virus and threat detection systems.
- Investigating intrusion and hacking incidents, collects incident responses, and carries out forensic investigations.
- Reporting the security analysis and monitoring findings.
- Implementing regulatory systems in accordance with IT security.
- Modifying the technical, legal, and regulatory aspects of the system security.
- Defining and maintaining security policies.
- Determining latest technologies and processes that improve the overall security of the system.
- Applying software/hardware standards in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of network security systems for IT applications.
- Participating in multiple internal/external client meetings in support of requests for new products, services, or additions to the network.
- Reviewing project requests prior to implementation, assessing the impact of network performance, and providing design recommendations and guidance of security measures to meet client requirements.
- Monitoring and controlling network access/activity using industry standard hardware/software tools.
- Traveling to various Boys Town locations as needed.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Security, or related IT fields.
- 4 to 7 years of experience including advanced computer security and/or networking. Experience with the security features of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure. Proven work experience as a network security engineer or information security engineer. Experience in creating and maintaining security systems.
- Cisco CCNP Security, CEH, CISSP certification or other Network/Security related certifications preferred. Network security hardware, Palo Alto PA-Series, Cisco Firepower, Network analysis software Sniffer, Wireshark, Splunk preferred.
- Ability to provide own transportation (mileage reimbursed) to complete travel requirements of the job.
- This position is on-call (continuously or rotationally) to provide support.
- Thorough understanding of the latest technologies, security principles, and protocols.
- Extensive knowledge of security systems, intrusion detection systems, firewalls, anti-virus software, log management, authentication systems, and content filtering.
- Understanding of the web-related terminologies and software such as web applications, web related protocols, service-oriented architectures, and web services.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner, to demonstrate and describe security fundamentals, and to provide guidance on systems to both technical and non-technical audiences. Ability to communicate and report network security incidents and issues to the upper management.
- Knowledge of computer forensic tools, data loss prevention methods, and disaster recovery methods.
- Ability to analyze and evaluate results and formulate proactive solutions for problem resolution.
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills. Excellent critical thinking, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.