Senior Internal AuditorOmaha, Nebraska
Job Title: Senior Internal Auditor
Location: Omaha, Nebraska
a career as a Senior Internal Auditor, you will assume the lead role for audits and reviews of business risks through financial, operational and compliance audits of various functions, departments or activities of the organization. Evaluates the system of internal controls proposing recommendations to strengthen the internal control environment and/or increase effectiveness and efficiency. Communicates audit results to management. Serves as a resource for audit issues.
- Executes audit planning by performing research to assist in development of appropriate audit scope, audit programs, and testing procedures.
- Takes a lead role by utilizing audit skills and practices to identify, document, test the effectiveness of internal processes and controls and develop sound conclusions.
- Communicates effectively both orally and in writing sound conclusions supported by audit evidence and makes recommendations to strengthen internal controls and increase efficiency, effectiveness and economy of operations.
- Performs regular follow-up and review in accordance with Internal Audit procedures to ensure management action plans are completed within agreed upon timeframes. Ensures completed action plans are evidenced to support the completed status.
- Takes a lead role by participating in a risk assessment process by collaborating with Internal Audit leadership and team members to complete an assessment with input from management in addition to other relevant individuals.
- Maintains a high level of organization and planning in order to complete assigned projects within designated timeframes.
- Regularly researches and utilizes outside resources to maintain and update knowledge of healthcare, youth care, and audit issues.
- Participates in continuing education activities, and keeps credentials up to date.
- Partners with management to improve education, compliance, and controls related to financial, operational and compliance issues.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Healthcare Administration, or, related field required.
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required.
- Four to six years experience as an internal auditor, finance/auditing or compliance professional.
- The ideal candidate will have prior auditing experience within Healthcare Internal Auditing, Public Accounting or Healthcare Industry.
- Available to travel as needed.
Schedule: Full Time
Job ID: 14074