Search Our Jobs
Senior Communications SpecialistJob ID 17291 Omaha, Nebraska
In a career as a Senior Communications Specialist, you contribute to our greatest asset, our people and culture of Boys Town. The Senior Communications Specialist develops and executes employee communications strategies regarding news, organizational developments, policies and procedures, and stories to increase organizational awareness and promote a positive environment. This position also assists with maintaining the internal website and supports other department projects across all communications functions as needed. No matter the role you play at Boys Town, you further our commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities.
- Implements employee communications strategies including communications regarding news, organizational developments, policies and procedures, and stories to increase organizational awareness.
- Manages the homepage on the company intranet to ensure content is current, relevant, and adheres to organizational and branding standards.
- Directs and manages intern work and ensures daily interactions to facilitate understanding of the Boys Town mission and culture; develops and manages a training program for the interns.
- Consults with department supervisors to develop and execute effective strategies to help communicate with their teams and the organization.
- Communicates with managers and support staff to gather input on community relations in each site, key contacts, and potential opportunities for highlighting Boys Town's mission.
- Partners with Human Resources to ensure employee communication efforts are in line with HR policies and procedures.
- Collaborates with Boys Town departments to execute the most effective means of promoting employee events and initiatives.
- Researches new and creative ways to communicate organizational information to employees.
- Establishes and maintains an environment that encourages teamwork, collaboration, and ethical behavior.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
June 10th, 2021