$1,000 HIRING BONUS!
Are you seeking an opportunity in the security field where you can be a part of a team that ensures the safety of employees and visitors to Boys Town? In a career as a Security Officer, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. The Security Officer monitors and ensures safety conditions within Boys Town properties.
Schedule: East Campus/2:00 PM-10:00 PM/M-F
- Makes regular interior and exterior patrols of Boys Town properties/buildings by walking and/or utilizing tour tracking systems to ensure security and safety standards are met and maintained as directed by local policy, post orders, and applicable regulations. Checks designated areas to detect security violations. Secures doors and windows and monitors for intruders and other unusual conditions.
- Observes and reports maintenance needs. Investigates and reports incidents involving personal injury, property damage, theft, and/or vandalism occurring on property or areas under jurisdiction and completes the designated reports. Communicates with Police Department to report unusual and unsafe conditions.
- Investigates security alarms and fire alarms. Contacts appropriate staff in response to computer room alarms. Assists staff and guests to shelter in the event of severe weather warnings. Executes evacuation plan in response to fire alarm activity.
- Renders routine security assistance to all personnel, i.e., employees, patients and visitors. Escorts personnel to and from vehicles as requested.
- Responds to emergency calls, to include Code 10s in the PRTF, by utilizing the nationally recognized personal restraint training model for assistance and taking the appropriate actions. Confronts unauthorized personnel.
- Completes security reports and documentation of appropriate shift activities.
- Responsible to clearly, forcefully, and accurately announce overhead emergency management drills and real events following established policies and procedures.
- Utilizes Boys Town vehicle to complete requirements of position.
- Maintains building access by greeting visitors and completing check in procedures to ensure that security procedures are followed, and that visitors are familiar with and adhere to visitor procedures. Coordinate’s visitor escorts. Issues various keys as well as parking decals to employees and/or contractors.
- Performs receptionist duties until the building closes; answers and directs incoming telephone calls. Gives direction to visitors and guests
- Acts as a point-of-contact for building maintenance and housekeeping issues and ensures professional appearance of lobby and reception area. Assists with keeping the property entrances free of trash. Enforces the 'Tobacco Free' Campus policy.
- Schedules and completes quarterly safety drills.
- Performs general administrative and clerical duties including answering phones, mail distribution, typing correspondence, and data entry.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- High level of professionalism and interpersonal skills.
- Computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to promote and maintain excellent public relations with patients, visitors and all employees and maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to quickly assess situations and respond appropriately.
- Administrative and organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently, meet deadlines, and multi-task while maintaining quality standards.
- Ability to stand and/or walk for long periods of time.
- Ability to detect, respond, and report all unsafe conditions accordingly, as needed.
- Ability to perform physical restraints, such as Code 10's, or if staff or public safety is threatened according to Safe Crisis Management Training.
- Ability to operate a battery jump pack to assist in starting vehicles.
- Safe and urgent handling of time sensitive mail items that include lifesaving medications in a timely manner.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Six months to one year of experience including administrative work experience.
- Minimum of one year experience in Security, Military, or Law Enforcement, preferred.
- Must possess a valid driver's license with a good driving record and pass an annual Motor Vehicle Registration (MVR) check.
- Ability to work rotating shifts; including evenings, weekends, holidays, and overtime as needed.
- Ability to complete and maintain certification in the nationally recognized personal restraint training model (SCM Tier I) within 60 days of hire
- Ability to complete and maintain BLS (CPR) certification within 90 days of hire.
- Ability to work at multiple Boys Town property locations.
- Must be 21 years of age.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.