Search Our Jobs
School Support SpecialistJob ID 17294 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town
Schedule: 8:00am-5:00pm with some nights and weekends--can be flexible based on client needs
Provides administrative intervention for students utilizing a behavioral approach to promote learning; provides assistance to students and families in accessing education and community services.
- Receives students from classrooms or office whenever necessary to address behavioral or attendance problems and de-escalates inappropriate behavior utilizing prescribed administrative intervention procedures.
- Works with students, families, and schools to encourage resolution of problems.
- Confers with school administrators, faculty, counselors, and other student support workers regarding student needs and behaviors.
- Communicates with other professionals regarding individual student needs and progress; provides information to BT staff, parents or guardians, and school staff regarding student behavior and consequences.
- Conducts informational meetings and classroom observations.
- Establishes and maintains informational records and files; collects data for tracking purposes and analyzes and reports on data as needed.
- Interacts with students and families to provide information and assistance about attendance and academic expectations and requirements, available resources, educational opportunities, and behavioral expectations.
- Supports students and families by providing guidance on how to identify, access, and fully utilize district, school, and community resources.
- Makes referrals to outside agencies and BT programs.
- Maintains assigned cases, making home visits as necessary.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience including experience with learning disabled or behaviorally impaired learners. Previous experience in a classroom or school is preferred.
About Boys Town Nebraska:
June 11, 2021
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.