Search Our Jobs
Research Assistant/Administrative Support - Hearing and Communication Engineering LaboratoryJob ID 17566 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town National Research Hospital
Job Summary:Under the general supervision of the appropriate Laboratory Director or Research Associate, the Research Assistant works on various phases of research studies being performed, including recruitment, scheduling, consenting, and collecting data from research participants, as well as managing data, documentation, and laboratory expenses. Located at our East location at
Schedule: Full-Time Monday through Friday 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM. Some flexiblity may be needed to work weekends periodically.
- Organizes databases and spreadsheets, enters data, manages files, and tracks laboratory expenses.
- Assists in the recruitment, scheduling, and testing in research studies using human subjects.
- Assists in advertising for new studies, phone screens of potential participants, scheduling testing and administering behavioral testing.
- Uses computers to analyze results of experiments. Enter and review data for different research projects.
- High-school diploma required.
- Completion of college coursework in computer science, biology, engineering, or psychology, or related fields.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Attention to detail, interpersonal skills, and flexibility in duties performed.
- Ability to communicate well, both orally and in writing.
- Previous research experience working with human subjects.
- Experience with computer programming.
About Boys Town: Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: July 21, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.