Search Our Jobs
Registered Nurse - Same Day Pediatrics (Part-Time)Job ID REQ-2023-1846 Omaha, Nebraska
$5,000.00 HIRING BONUS!
In a career as a Registered Nurse Same Day Pediatrics, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will utilize a systematic approach to nursing practice in the Boys Town Pediatric Clinics incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, thus providing continuing health care to individuals, families, and communities.
Part-Time: 20 hours a week; Friday 5:00 PM-10:00 PM, Saturday 12:00 PM-10:00 PM, Sunday 12:00 PM-5:00 PM
Part-Time: 4-5 hours a week; 4-5 hours/week varied shifts, evenings/weekends.
Location: Pacific Street Campus
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provides appropriate, individualized care to ill patients in the clinic setting.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in the performance of initial and ongoing assessments of the patient to determine nursing care needs and includes data from parent/guardian in the assessment process; prioritizes care based on needs.
- Identifies and implements nursing care to address patient needs.
- Provides teaching that is specific to the patient's health issues, based on cultural, cognitive, emotional and social influences and the patient's/family's ability and readiness to learn; provides education relevant to the visit to the patient/family before discharge from the clinic setting.
- Facilitates patient flow by continually assessing patient volume and acuity.
- Collects and documents assessments related to the patient's physical and developmental needs.
- Implements nursing care activities according to patient needs, or as directed by the medical provider, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Collects specimens and performs select lab tests, in accordance with established policy and procedures, to facilitate diagnosis.
- Performs and documents telephone triage using Barton-Schmitt Telephone Protocols; triages calls on acuity of patient and requirements for health care services.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license required.
- Minimum of one year of experience in pediatric ambulatory care required.
- BLS certification required.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.