Search Our Jobs
Registered Nurse (RN)- Specialty Clinic Rheumatology (Pediatrics)Job ID REQ-2023-2806 Omaha, Nebraska
$10,000.00 HIRING BONUS!
*** New grads are welcome to apply***
In a career as a Registered Nurse Specialty Clinic Rheumatology, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will utilize a systematic approach to nursing practice in the Boys Town Specialty Clinics incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, thus providing continuing health care to individuals, families, and communities.
Schedule: Full-Time, 8:30 AM-5:00 PM Monday-Friday
Location: Pacific Street Clinic
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provides appropriate, individualized direct care to patients and families in area of practice.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in the performance of initial and ongoing assessments of the patient to determine nursing care needs; prioritizes care based on needs; may include data from parent/guardian in the assessment process.
- Implements nursing care activities according to patient needs, or as directed by the medical provider, in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Assists providers with office procedures, to include assembling of supplies, medications and instruments; assists with procedure as permitted by scope of practice; facilitation of time outs and informed consents.
- Provides teaching specific to the patient’s health issues, based on cultural, cognitive, emotional and social influences and the patient’s/family ability and readiness to learn; provides education relevant to the visit before discharge from the visit.
- Arranges, as indicated by provider, for additional services, both internal and external, such as lab, imaging, home health, speech, occupational and physical therapy.
- Assists in followup by tracking of activities such as lab and imaging through order, execution, results, and subsequent provider recommendations.
- Completes all required documentation thoroughly, accurately, and in a timely manner.
- Participates in available educational activities to expand knowledge of assigned specialty, including the specific physiology and pathology of the problems being treated.
- Participates actively in process improvement, quality initiatives, and development of processes to assure compliance to regulations and accreditation requirements.
- Promotes a positive team environment. Willingly floats to other specialty clinics to fulfill staffing needs.
- Performs and documents telephone triage; triages based on patient acuity and requirements for health services. Demonstrates proficiency and use of critical thinking skills while performing telephone triage.
- Promptly presents nursing assessment to provider for recommendations based on patient/family phone call; implements recommendations in a timely manner, communicates to patient/family and ensures understanding.
- Registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license required.
- BLS certification required.
- Prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and electronic medical records required.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.