Search Our Jobs
Registered Nurse (RN), PediatricsJob ID REQ-2023-2411 Omaha, Nebraska
$10,000 HIRING BONUS!
In a career as a Registered Nurse Pediatrics, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will utilize a systematic approach to nursing practice in the Boys Town Pediatric Clinics incorporating assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, thus providing continuing health care to individuals, families, and communities.
Schedule: Full-Time, Monday-Thursday 8:00 AM-5:00 PM, Friday 1:00 PM-5:00 PM
Location: Pacific Street Clinic
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Provides appropriate, individualized care to developmentally delayed pediatric patients.
- Assist provider with the evaluation and establishing care of patients.
- Act as an intermediary for families, provider, the medical team, as well as external health or advocacy groups.
- Assist provider with referring patients to a wide variety of healthcare professionals to assist in supporting their social, developmental, and mental well-being.
- Consistently communicates patients and/or families concerns and needs with provider, as well as provider’s recommendations.
- Uses appropriate therapeutic communication and de-escalation tools with patients and families in crisis.
- Completes an accurate assessment of physical, mental, emotional development and social conditions when interviewing patients and families in the clinic and on the telephone.
- Demonstrates age-specific competency in the performance of initial and ongoing assessments of the patient to determine nursing care needs and includes data from parent/guardian in the assessment process; prioritizes care based on needs.
- Provides teaching that is specific to the patient's health issues, based on cultural, cognitive, emotional and social influences and the patient's/family's ability and readiness to learn; provides education relevant to the visit to the patient/family before discharge from the clinic setting.
- Implements nursing care activities according to patient needs or as directed by the medical provider in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Completes all required patient care documentation in an accurate and timely manner according to policy.
- Collects specimens and performs select lab tests, in accordance with established policy and procedures.
- Performs and documents telephone triage using Barton-Schmitt Telephone Protocols; triages calls on acuity of patient and requirements for health services. Demonstrates proficiency and use of critical thinking skills when performing phone triage.
- Responds appropriately in emergency situations.
- Performs treatments, procedures, and medication/immunization administration in a professional manner and according to policy and procedure.
- Assures quality of care by participating in Quality Improvement strategies and is committed to safe care for all patients.
- Promotes a positive team environment. Willingly floats to satellite clinics to fulfill staffing needs. Establishes and maintains effective relationships with patients, families, and staff.
- Collaborates with all members of the treatment team in order to produce the best possible outcomes.
- Attends required meetings and educational sessions as directed.
- Maintain professional behavior in attitude, demeanor, and interactions; in accordance with the mission.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license required.
- BLS certified required.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.