Registered Nurse (RN), Medical Surgical (On-Call Day or Nights)Omaha, Nebraska
Job Title: Registered Nurse (RN), Medical Surgical (On-Call Day or Nights)
Location: Boys Town National Research Hospital- West
Schedule: On-Call: Days, 7:00 AM-7:00 PM or Nights, 7:00 PM-7:00 AM
In a career at Boys Town National Research Hospital, you join us in changing the way America cares for children and families. We are currently expanding services. Come grow with us!
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the nurse uses the nursing process to complete the admission physical, cognitive, spiritual, psychosocial, and functional assessment.
- Formulates plan of care and reviews and revises plan on an ongoing basis. Able to plan and give care based on the patient's age and level of development.
- Assures appropriate information management and documentation using the nursing process in accordance with hospital documentation policy; gives report to other members of the health care team.
- In collaboration with other members of the health care team, the nurse uses the nursing process to assess patient/family understanding and response to care provided; and patient/family educational needs. The nurse redirects care as needed.
- A registered nurse who is a graduate of an accredited school with a current state license
- Minimum of two years of experience in an acute hospital setting, and pediatric experience, preferred,
- Must be CPR (BLS) certified, ACLS and PALS certified within 6 months of employment
- Prior working knowledge of using a personal computer and electronic medical records.
About Boys Town National Research Hospital:
Boys Town National Research Hospital offers a broad range of hospital and clinic services, backed by 40 years of life-changing research to provide the latest, most innovative care to our patients. From pediatric inpatient hospitalization and surgical services, to outpatient visits, to residential care for children and adolescents with severe behavioral disorders, our board certified specialists and highly trained pediatric nurses’ focus on caring for the unique needs of children and their families. Boys Town National Research Hospital is a license acute care hospital and psychiatric residential treatment facility and accredited by The Joint Commission. Boys Town National Research Hospital is part of Boys Town, which has been committed to the care of children for over 100 years.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town’s mission, which is why we offer an array of competitive and attractive benefit options. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town Physicians, free prescriptions, tuition assistance, access to the campus Field House, parenting resources from our expects and advancement opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job; it is a way of life.
Date Posted: September 20th, 2019
Job ID: 14312
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.