Recreation AideOmaha, Nebraska
CLOSING DATE: January 18th, 2019 (or until filled)
Do you want a career with a company that makes a difference every day? Boys Town is nationally recognized for its research-proven child, health and family care programs. As one of the country’s largest nonprofit funded child-care organizations, Boys Town touches the lives of more than 2 million children and families nationwide each year.
OVERVIEW OF JOB
The Recreation Aide facilitates youth recreational activities.
- Work in the Field House (gym/recreational facility).
- Direct interaction and supervision with the youth and Boys Town employees, guests, and visitors.
- Check in/out and maintain equipment, maintains accurate program records, and assists with athletic events.
- Coordinates and sets up equipment needed to implement and facilitate programs such as sporting events.
- Part time hours will consistently work up to 19 hours per week.
- 2-3 Evenings during the week (6pm-9pm, may need to start at 4:30pm or 5pm for an athletic event)
- Working Sunday is required. (3pm-9pm)
- Additional hours needed for special events such as wrestling meets, football, basketball, volleyball games.
REQUIRED EDUCATION, TRAINING, EXPERIENCE, OR SKILLS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Recreational, athletic, or supervisory experience preferred.
- Knowledge of recreational activities, equipment, and safe practices.
- Ability to communicate in an articulate, professional manner.
- Ability to adapt responses to situations while maintaining procedural and regulatory integrity.
- Lifeguard certification preferred
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.