Search Our Jobs
Radiology Technologist (PRN)Job ID REQ-2023-2231 Omaha, Nebraska
In a career as a Radiology Technologist, you join us in providing life-changing care to patients from across the region. In this role, you will operate radiographic equipment to make radiographs of designated portions of the body.
Location: West Hospital
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
- Operates x-ray equipment including fluoroscopy, c-arm, dental equipment and portable, as assigned, for each exam in accordance with radiation safety guidelines.
- Positions and instructs patients for each anatomical view using appropriate immobilization, support, and protective devices.
- Application of proper sterile technique during procedures.
- Prepares room for procedure including contrast media and barium set up and administer per radiologist protocol.
- Assist providers during examination and treatment.
- Processes images using DR and CR reader.
- Successfully send images to PACS and demonstrates knowledge of basic PACS software.
- Routes images and appropriate history electronically to the interpreting radiologist.
- Completes clerical and billing functions required for completion of x-ray studies.
- Maintains and stocks supplies, provides a clean and orderly environment, using aseptic technique and infection control. Reports any malfunctioning equipment to appropriate person.
- Orient and train new staff and work closely with students in the radiologic technology program.
- Participates in departmental performance improvement and survey readiness activities.
- Demonstrates behavior consistent with Radiology service standards.
- Provides patient care and education according to the patient population served.
- Graduate of an AMA approved, accredited School of Radiologic Technology or Education in Radiologic Technology from an approved program of the U.S. Military required.
- ARRT in Radiography and Nebraska licensure required.
- CPR certified required.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.