Search Our Jobs
Procurement ManagerJob ID 17062 Omaha, Nebraska
Business: Boys Town
In a career as a Purchasing Manager (aka Procurement Manager), you are often the backbone of Boys Town's success when it comes to ensuring our operations are running successfully and smoothly. You aren't just a supporting player, but someone that others can count on when it comes to innovations to benefit the organization and our mission. J
- Under the general direction of the Director of Finance, is responsible for organizing and supervising the ordering of supplies, equipment, and cost reduction functions of all Medical, Surgical, Clinical and Ancillary areas of the Hospital.
- Oversees the daily activities of the Materials Management Department.
- Works with hospital departments and vendors to facilitate daily activities such as requisitioning of supplies, services and equipment.
- Acts as a resource for the acquisition of capital equipment and ensures appropriate approval processes are followed.
- Works with the Surgery Centers, Clinics, and other areas of the hospital at centralizing the purchasing process.
- Participates in the annual budget process, value analysis teams, and disaster preparedness.
- Promotes a collaborative culture between Materials Management, Nursing, Medical and Ancillary departments.
- Oversees the Value Analysis Team and delegates duties to the buyer.
- Notifies Surgical Services RN Admin Manager on billable supply price changes and on new products ordered.
- This individual is expected to identify material resource savings through analysis of supply utilization practices, delivery systems and contract compliance. This is done in conjunction with the VAT committee, Premier Group Purchasing contracts and local contracts when needed.
- Other Duties: This job description incorporates the essential functions and duties required for this position. However, other duties may be required and assigned at times and as determined by a supervisor in order to meet the needs of the organization.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience, required
- Experience ordering medical supplies and medical equipment, required
- Previous supervisory experience, preferred
- Previous experience in reviewing and developing contractual agreements with suppliers.
About Boys Town:
Boys Town has been changing the way America cares for children and families since 1917. With over a century of service, our employees have helped us grow from a small boardinghouse in downtown Omaha, Nebraska, into one of the largest national child and family care organizations in the country. With the addition of Boys Town National Research Hospital in 1977, our services branched out into the health care and research fields, offering even more career opportunities to those looking to make a real difference.
Our employees are our #1 supporters when it comes to achieving Boys Town's mission, which is why we are proud of their commitment to making the world a better place for children, families, patients, and communities. Unique perks to Boys Town employees and their families include free visits to Boys Town physicians and free prescriptions under the Boys Town Medical Plan, tuition assistance, parenting resources from our experts and professional development opportunities within the organization, just to name a few. Working at Boys Town is more than just a job, it is a way of life.
Date Posted: April 30, 2021
Boys Town National Research Hospital is a tobacco free campus. This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. Boys Town is an equal employment opportunity employer and participates in the E-Verify program. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 1-877-639-6003.