Search Our Jobs
Police Officer - Village of Boys TownJob ID 17136 Omaha, Nebraska
Please do NOT complete the online Boys Town Application.
For applications pick up at the Boys Town Police Department 13940 Gutowski Road Boys Town Nebraska 68010 or call 402-498-1170 to request an application to be mailed to you. To ensure full consideration, please submit all application material before closing date of June 18th, 2021. Applications must be turned into the Boys Town Police Department at 13940 Gutowski Road Boys Town Nebraska 68010.
Position Title: Police Officer – Village of Boys Town
Closing Date: June 18, 2021
Job Description or Duties:
- Enforce all state laws, village ordinances and regulations.
- Respond to criminal, Civil, and medical incidents.
- Complete investigations on each incident arresting suspects when needed and completing the necessary paperwork.
- Respond to and Investigate traffic accidents completing necessary paperwork.
- Enforcing Nebraska motor vehicle laws, issue citations or warnings and completing necessary reports.
- Patrol campus to provide safety and security to all those on the village campus.
- Respond to fire alarms, intrusion alarms, and panic alarms on campus.
- Assist other Law Enforcement agencies and any other duties as assigned.
- Opportunities for advanced Law Enforcement training available.
- The Village of Boys Town Police Department is a progressive department that is focused on training, community involvement, and providing quality law enforcement services to the community it serves.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Must meet the physical requirements for acceptance and completion of the Nebraska Law Enforcement Training Center. Please see http://nletc.nebraska.gov/admissions.html for admission requirements.
- Must be 21 years of age before completion of NLETC.
- Requires a valid Nebraska driver’s license, good driving record and no criminal offenses.
- Must be able to read, write, and understand the English language, demonstrated by the Test of Adult Basic Education.
- Possess good character as determined by a thorough background investigation.
- Must be able to pass a Physical Readiness Entrance Test.
- Medical and Mental Health evaluations, and drug screen will be required.
- College degree and experience in related fields.
- Nebraska Law Enforcement certified or experience working with youth.
Salary and Benefits:
Non-Certified Officer in Training $21.50 an hour, vacation, and sick leave. The Village of Boys Town has competitive benefits available such as Medical Plan, Prescription Drug Program, Vision Care, Dental Plan, LTD, Life Insurance, AD&D Insurance, and a 457 matching Retirement Plan.
This advertisement describes the general nature of work to be performed and does not include an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, or abilities required. The Village of Boys Town is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. To request a disability-related accommodation in the application process, contact us at 402-498-1170.